From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Pop. density:||28.4 inh./km²|
Pursat is the 4th biggest province of Cambodia, located in the western part of the country and borders clockwise from the north with Battambang Province, the Tonle Sap Lake, Kampong Chhnang Province, Kampong Speu Province, Koh Kong Province, and Thailand. Its capital is also called Pursat. It located right in the middle between the Tonle Sap and the Cardamom Mountains on the riverbanks of the Stung Pursat. Pursat is predominantly accessible by the National Highway No 5 form Phnom Penh 174 kilometers and Battambang 106 kilometers.
The province is subdivided into 6 districts.
- 1501 Bakan - បាកាន
- 1502 Kandieng - កំរៀង
- 1503 Krakor - ក្រគរ
- 1504 Phnum Kravanh - ក្រវាញ
- 1505 Sampov Meas - សំពៅមាស
- 1506 Veal Veaeng - វាលវែង
 External links
- United Nations World Food Programme's Food Security Web Atlas of Cambodia - Provincial Food Security Profile of Pursat
- Cambodia National and Provincial Resources Data Bank - Pousat Provincial Resources
- National Institute of Statistics of Cambodia - Cambodia Inter-Censal Population Survey 2004, Pursat Province